Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chasing Pirates

Day 63

--STATS--

Artist: Norah Jones

Genre: Contemporary Jazz/Pop

Album: The Fall

Released: 2009


In your message you said,
you were goin' to bed,
but I'm not done with the night.
So I stayed up and read,
but your words in my head,
got me mixed up so I turned out the light.

And I don't know how to slow it down.
My mind's racing from chasing pirates.

Well the man in there swings
while the silliest things,
floppin' around in my brain.
And I try not to dream
but them possible schemes,
swim around, wanna drown me in synch.

And I don't know how to slow it down.
Oh my mind's racing from chasing pirates. (x2)
My mind's racin' from chasing pirates. (x2)



I do love me some Norah. I was very excited when in the late summer of 2009, I heard a new song that housed a voice that sounded familiar. Could it be..? Is it..? A new one..? Sure enough, the new album would come out November 17th, 2009. I bought it that very day, but waited til the morning of Thanksgiving to listen, since we would be embarking on a four hour drive to visit family up North. There were songs of note, but it didn't grow on my right away, which is typical of some of her albums for me. I am still becoming accustomed to what feels like a new style for Norah. On a good note, I think I have found a Norah album I can listen to in the winter. "Chasing Pirates" has a real calming tone to it, leaving me visualizing cool colors, & shades of gray. The music video is real cutesy, I I defiantly dig the new hair cute.

What do you think?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home