Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The First, The Last, My Everything

Day 61

--STATS--

Artist: Barry White

Genre: R&B, Soul

Album: Can't get enough

Released: 1974



My first, my last, my everything.
And the answer to all my dreams.
You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star.
My kind of wonderful, that's what you are
I know there's only, only one like you.
There's no way, they could have made two
You're all I'm living for,
Your love I'll keep for evermore,
You're the first, you're the last, my everything.
In you I've found so many things
A love so new only you could bring
Can't you see if you,
You'll make me feel this way.
You're like a first morning dew on a brand new day.
I see so many way that I can love you,
Till the day I die.
You're my reality, yet I'm lost in a dream.
You're the first, the last, my everything
I know there's only, only one like you.
There's no way they could have made two.
Girl you're my reality
But I'm lost in a dream
You're the first, you're the last, my everything



This song by Barry White makes me think of my Mom & watching Ally McBeal together. back when it still aired, that was our thing to watch it together every week when it was on. I have fond memories of those times & I wish it was still on some where...it is very hard to locate, but I finally found all the seasons together avaliable for purchase. It's like, $100 bucks, so when ever I have that kind of mulah to spend on a series, I will for sure. If you have never seen the show, you are probably wondering what this has to do with Barry White & this song. Well, let me tell you. The character John Cage used Barry White's music has his "Getting up the nerve" music, as he was a nervous quirky sort of fella. This song was prominant in the series. For the video, I posted a segment from the show. I hope you enjoy. For a great kick, search youtube for Barry White & Ally McBeal together, & watch all the people who tried to replicate John Cage's dance to this song. Humerous.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home