Monday, May 10, 2010

When Your Gone

Day 59

--STATS--

Group: The Cranberries

Genre: Rock

Album: To the Faithfully Departed

Released: 1996





Hold onto love that is what I do now that I've found you.
And from above everythings stinking, they're not around you.

And in the night, I could be helpless,
I could be lonely, sleeping without you.

And in the day, everythings complex,
There's nothing simple, when I'm not around you.

But I'll miss you when you're gone, that is what I do. Hey, baby!
And it's going to carry on, that is what I do. Hey, baby...

Hold onto my hands, I feel I'm sinking, sinking without you.
And to my mind, everythings stinking, stinking without you.

And in the night, I could be helpless,
I could be lonely, sleeping without you.

And in the day, everythings complex,
There's nothing simple, when I'm not around you.

But I'll miss you when you're gone, that is what I do. Hey, baby!
And it's going to carry on, that is what I do. hey, baby!
hey, baby...


I've lost count of how many Cranberries songs I've posted at this point. Four maybe? Anyway, another song that reminds me of the sixth grade. So here is another silly story from this time period...we were such huge dorks.

My best friend & I both these liked boys in our core class, Ricky & Michael, but we had no grace with the opposite sex at this point. So "brilliantly" we decided we'd write them anonymous letters to sort of feel them out. Our plan was to tuck each letter into their locker, then have them leave us a response behind the garbage can in our classroom. I'm not exactly sure what our plan was from there. A, they have no idea who we are (OK, maybe Ricky knew it was from Elsie, considering she blushed insanely anytime he looked over in her direction. Oh yeah--we were that smooth.) & B, how were we going to get them out from behind the garbage cans without them seeing? You could bet they'd keep a watchful eye out. Well, we never had to figure it out, as no notes were ever returned. Such our luck in love. Though at one point, Ricky's then girlfriend, Jessica, offered to trade Ricky for Elsie's purse. Apparently that's how it worked in Junior High, kind of like trading cards.

I am also a fan of the time we were staying at my Dads apartment for the weekend & there was a cute older man at the pool. We kind of drooled over him like a puppy dog, in the sweet little girl crush kind of way. He engaged us in polite conversation when in the same area of the pool. Later, while soaking in the hot tub, him & his four year old daughter came to join us. She then bluntly pointed out as four year olds do "Daddy, that girl has an ant crawling on her face!" ( referring to Elsie.) Awesome. It was then time to go.

Elsie, I hope you still love me after this blog abuse! Those were some good times right? And this song played on the radio...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Hahaha! Some things never change! I'm still smooth as buttah when it comes to the fellas! Fortunately I'm better at embracing it now.

May 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home