Monday, May 3, 2010

Be Mine

Day 50

--STATS--

Artist: David Gray

Genre: Folk Rock

Album: A new day at midnight

Released: 2002



From the very first moment I saw you
That's when I knew
All the dreams I held in my heart
Had suddenly come true
Knock me over stone cold sober
Not a think I could say or do
cos baby when I'm walking with you now
My eyes are so wide
Like you reached right into my head
And turned on the light inside
Turning on the light
Inside my mind hey


Come on baby its all right
Sunday Monday day or night
Written blue on white its plain to see
Be mine, be mine
That rainy shiny night or day
Whats the difference anyway
Baby till your heart belongs to me



If I had some influence girl
With the powers that be
Id have them fire that arrow at you
Like they fired it right at me
And maybe when your heart and soul are burning
You might see
That every time I'm talking with you
Its always over too soon
That everyday feels so incomplete
Till you walk into the room
Say the word now girl
Ill jump that moon hey


Come on baby its OK
Rainy shiny night or day
There's nothing in the way now
Don't you see
Be mine, be mine
Winter summer day or night
Centigrade of Fahrenheit
Baby till your heart belongs to me
Be mine, be mine
Thursday Friday short or long
When you got a love so strong
How can it be wrong now mercy me
be mine, be mine
Jumpin Jesus holy cow
Whats the difference anyhow
Baby till your heart belongs to me


David Gray...one of my top ten favorite artists ever. It is becoming very apparent as I write this blog day-to-day, that my favorite genre seems to be Folk Rock. Who knew? I would love to claim that I have been a David Gray follower right from the early days, but that would be a lie. In 1993, when his music career began, I was too young. In 1998 when his music took off & became popular in the US, I must have been listening to all the wrong stations. They don't play quality on Z100, or Rosie FM, what ever the crap it was I was listening to. I finally began to recognize David's music as his in 2005, starting with "Babylon" & "Sail a way with me". I thoroughly enjoyed anything of his that came on the airways. Honestly, it wasn't until January 2009 that I purchased my first album of his. It was a birthday present for my husband. Selecting music for him is very hard, as there is not a whole lot he is pleased with. It was between John Mayer & Mr.Gray. I know now I defiantly made the right choice. Both my husband & I are very fond of the album, a collection of his greatest hits. Officially, I listen to it more, especially in the winter. I find it gets me through the drear. He warms me with his British appeal, & I melt at the sound of his almost Scottish sounding voice. It kind of reminds me a bit of a lamb...listen, & you will know what I mean. I highly suggest any David Gray album to anyone. I can't believe I have been missing out all these years.

P.S. This one is Taylor's (my three year old daughter) favorite of his, because he says Holy Cow!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home