Monday, March 22, 2010

Let's stay together

Day 15

--STATS--

Artist: Al Green

Genre: Soul

Album: Let's stay together

Released: 1972



I-I-I- I'm so in love with you,
what ever you wanna do
is alright with me.
Cause you make me feel so brand new,
and I wanna spend my life with you.

Let me say since, baby,
since we've been together,
loving you forever is what I need.
Let me be the one you come running to.
I'll never be untrue.

Oh baby,
let's- let's stay together.
Loving you whether, whether
times are good, or sad, happy, or bad.

Why- why some people break-up,
then turn around & make-up,
I just can't see.
You'd never do that to me (would you, baby?).
Staying around you is all I see.
(Here's what I wanna do.)


let's- We outta stay together.
Loving you whether, whether
times are good, or sad, happy, or bad.
Come on, let's stay, let's stay together.
loving you whether
times are good or bad, happy or sad.


I honestly don't have a lot to say about this song, other than I really do like it, & have the utter most respect for Rev. Al Green. We choose this song for our official wedding party dance. For eight months, Tom & I talked about taking dancing lessons for our wedding, as many couples do. We had many months to find a class, sign up, & take it. due to our procrastinating nature, this never actually happened. Instead, I purchased a how-to-dance DVD from our local bridal store. We watched it once & promised ourselves at some point we'd take it seriously. And we did--the night before the wedding.

It must have been quite a spectacle. Present were my best friend, my daughters caretaker, my fiance & myself, as we tried maneuver after maneuver to this song, attempting to make something look good. A triple twirl from different directions seemed like a good start for the beginning, however, I forgot to take into account the size of my deathtrap-- dress, I mean. On our big day, the DJ ended up playing the song at the wrong time, which sent everyone scrambling to find their partner and get into place. Our fancy moves were never scene. Oh well, what can I say? It was probably for the best anyway.

what about you...this song mean anything to you?






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home