Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One of these nights

Day 9

--STATS--

Group: The Eagles

Genre: Rock

Album: One of these nights

Released: 1975


* Lyrics not published online. Should have them posted by tomorrow night. Thanks.


So, this is what I meant by "I hope I can keep up." I am one day behind, due to this terrible illness that's been with me since Saturday & the fact that my husband needed the computer all last night to prepare for finals. However, I still had time yesterday to listen to this song in preparation for this blog.

The Eagles are among the top ten favorite groups or artists of mine. I credit my father for helping to develop my broad taste in my music, & for my love of The Eagles. On weekends that I stayed with my Dad, he would pick me up for the hour trip North to Tualatin where he lived. Either he or I would get to pick a CD or cassette from his collection. Not only would we listen to it, but my Dad would feed me fun facts about the groups. I learned many things from him regarding music. I wonder now if he had someone like that growing up, fostering his knowledge & love of music. Maybe his Father, my Grandfather, who sadly passed away in '94 from second-hand lung cancer.

This song makes me feel like I am at a disco club, but in the least painful way. The guitar in this number has a kind of funky tone to it. The lyrics are fun, and the chorus is lots of fun to sing along to during rush hour. I have done this many times. I am amazed at the pitch some of these guys are able to achieve in this song as well. heaven to the ears, and yes, lots of fun to sing to. During rush hour.

*Blog shall continue with an conclusion upon discovery of lyrics for inspiration.






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home